Attorney Lisa Bloom held a press conference today to level new charges of abuse against actor Scott Baio. The accusations came from his former “Charles in Charge” co-stars Nicole Eggert and Alexander Polinsky. Video of the press conference is below.
Today’s press conference focused mostly on Polinsky, who said Baio subjected him to long-time emotional and physical abuse. He also claims Baio exposed himself to him. He is close friends with Eggert, and the two are so far the only former co-stars from the hit 1980s show to level accusations. Eggert accuses Baio of sexual assault when she was underage.
Baio has denied all the accusations from the pair, and points out that their stories have changed over the years. He told TMZ this afternoon that he and Polinsky were photographed together at his birthday party seven years ago, after Polinsky said today he was too traumatized to accept an apology by phone from Baio a decade ago. Baio is threatening to sue.
Scott Baio was a “tyrant” on the set of ’80s sitcom “Charles in Charge,” hurling homophobic slurs and hot beverages at his young co-star, former child star Alexander Polinsky claimed Wednesday.
“Scott Baio began a pattern of abuse that was unrelenting. Mr. Baio repeatedly told me about homosexual sex acts that he told me I would grow up to perform,” Polinsky said at a press conference alongside attorney Lisa Bloom, who is representing their co-star Nicole Eggert in her claims of sexual abuse against Baio.
“Scott told me of his sexual conquests with young girls… and at the same time tried to convince me I was unlovable and defective.”
Polinsky, who was 12 at the time, said the “torture” began after he spotted the then 14-year-old Eggert sitting on the adult Baio’s lap. When Polinsky tried to join her, thinking it was a joke, he claims Baio “threw me off and angrily called me a ‘f–got,’” according to Deadline.
The attacks then became “daily,” he says.
Baio once pulled his pants down in front of other members of the cast and crew and mocked his genitals, Polinsky claims.
The former “Happy Days” star also cut a hole in the wall of his dressing room and exposed his own private parts to Polinsky, according to CNN.
On another occasion, Baio threw hot tea on his young co-star, Polinsky charges.
Polinsky says he has spoken to the police about the alleged abuse, but mostly just wants a public apology to himself and Eggert.
Eggert has previously claimed that Baio molested her during the show’s run, and had sex with her when she was 17.
Baio — who has claimed Eggert was 18 years old when they had sex and that she seduced him — disputed the allegations from both actors Wednesday
“Nicole Eggert, Alexander Polinsky and their attorney have brought a media circus to town, complete with false allegations, misleading insinuations, and pure sleaze mongering,” his rep Brian Glicklich told CNN.
Here is the video, posted on Facebook.
LIVE: Actress Nicole Eggert and actor Alexander Polinski speaking about abuse allegations involving "Charles in Charge" co-star Scott Baio.
Posted by ABC15 Arizona on Wednesday, February 14, 2018