Just in case some of you don’t know the following. It’s easy to verify if you doubt any of the following. We all need a history refresher on what’s what – and it doesn’t matter whether you’re a Democrat or Republican. Facts are simply facts.
Social Security Cards up until the 1980s expressly stated the number and card were not to be used for identification purposes.
Since nearly everyone in the United States now has a number, it became convenient to use it anyway and the message, ” NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION” was removed.
Franklin Roosevelt introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program.
1) That participation in the Program would be Completely voluntary, no longer voluntary.
2) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual Incomes into the Program, now 7.65% on the first $118,000. I think.
3) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year, no longer tax deductible.
4) That the money the participants put into the independent ‘Trust Fund’ rather than into the general operating fund, and therefore, would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program. But under Johnson the money was moved to The General Fund, and Spent!
5) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income. Under Clinton & Gore up to 85% of your Social Security can now be Taxed.
Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a monthly Social Security check, we are discovering that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to ‘put away’.
———— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— —-
Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent ‘Trust Fund’ and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?
A: It was Lyndon Johnson and a democratically controlled House and Senate.
———— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— —
Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?
A: The Democrat Party.
———— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— —–
Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?
A: The Democrat Party, with Al Gore casting the ‘tie-breaking’ deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the USA.
———— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— –
Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to
AND MY FAVORITE:
A: That’s right! Jimmy Carter and the Democrat Party.
Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65 began to receive Social Security payments! The Democrat Party gave these payments to them, even though they never paid a dime into it!
———— — ———— ——— —– ———— ——— ———
Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away! And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it.
**Please share this post to Facebook and Twitter.