Missing Virginia Mom Found Dead – Thug Suspect Under Arrest (VIDEO)

Earlier this week, Virginia mother TerriLynn St. John disappeared from her home north of Norfolk, with her young children still inside.

Now, we know she won’t be coming home to those children. And the man responsible is under arrest.

Yesterday, 23-year-old Alvin Keyser was arrested in connection to the case. He is expected to be charged soon, as he led authorities to her body on Thursday, a mile from her home.

Fox News reports.

The body of a mother who vanished earlier this week from her Virginia home was found covered with leaves Thursday morning and a suspect has been arrested, officials said.

take our poll - story continues below

Who should replace Nikki Haley as our ambassador to the U.N.?

  • Who should replace Nikki Haley as our ambassador to the U.N.?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Silence is Consent updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Major Michael Sampson of the Middlesex County Sheriff’s Office said at a news conference that TerriLynn St. John’s body was found around 9 a.m. about a mile from her home in Wake, located about 65 miles north of Norfolk.

“The closure on this is not good closure, but it is closure,” Sheriff David Bushey told reporters.

Authorities said Alvin B. Keyser, 23, has been arrested and is being held in connection with the case. Sampson said he showed authorities where St. John’s body was located and is “being fairly cooperative.”

Keyser is an acquaintance of St. John, according to Sampson, who added that they investigated the 23-year-old after a post was made on social media regarding statements he made.

“Mr. Keyser showed us where it was at,” Sampson said, referring to St. John’s body.

Authorities are expected to release further details once they finish speaking to Keyser.

St. John was reported missing on Tuesday when the front door of her home was found open and her two small children, ages 2 and 3, were alone inside, according to police.

Family members told WTVR they were especially concerned because the vehicle was still in the driveway and there were signs of a struggle.

“They looked through the woods and you could definitely tell there has been a struggle beside my daughter’s car,” TerriLynn’s father, Terry St. John, told WTVR-TV. “Jewelry was all around, like it had been broken off. Her cellphone was found in the bushes.”

St. John’s boyfriend, Mac Kennard, told The Southside Sentinel the last time he saw her was when he kissed her goodbye at 4:20 a.m. that morning before he headed to work.

The sheriff’s office had deployed K9 teams and aircraft in the search for St. John, and put out an appeal for information on social media which they said helped lead them to the tragic discovery on Thursday.

“We used cyber information to get what we had to do to get this job completed, and I’m very proud of the citizens that came forward,” the sheriff said.

Here is raw video of the press conference announcing the arrest and providing more information on the case.

Post you thoughts on the death of TerriLynn St. John in the comments section below. In addition, share this on social media.

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.