Billionaire George Soros and other big-money liberals who helped fund Hillary Clinton’s losing presidential bid, began meeting in Washington to decide how to use their cash to fight President-elect Donald Trump, Politico reported. The three-day conference of the powerful Democracy Alliance donor club began Sunday. House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Congressional Progressive Caucus co-chairman Keith Ellison were scheduled to address the group, Politico said.
“If the agenda is any indication, liberals plan full-on trench warfare against Trump from Day One,” the website noted. But the group’s closed-door meeting comes as some liberals question its involvement in politics after Trump’s upset victory, according to Politico. “The DA itself should be called into question,” one Democratic strategist who has been active in the group told the website. “You can make a very good case it’s nothing more than a social club for a handful wealthy white donors and labor union officials to drink wine and read memos, as the Democratic Party burns down around them.”
George Soros had poured in millions of dollars in support of Clinton’s losing effort, Bloomberg reported. If Michael Moore’s to do list is any indication f what progressives have in mind for Trump. I think the honeymoon is over for Trump.
Here is his “Morning After To-Do List” posted Wednesday:
1. Take over the Democratic Party and return it to the people. They have failed us miserably.
2. Fire all pundits, predictors, pollsters and anyone else in the media who had a narrative they wouldn’t let go of and refused to listen to or acknowledge what was really going on. Those same bloviators will now tell us we must “heal the divide” and “come together.” They will pull more hooey like that out of their ass in the days to come. Turn them off.
3. Any Democratic member of Congress who didn’t wake up this morning ready to fight, resist and obstruct in the way Republicans did against President Obama every day for eight full years must step out of the way and let those of us who know the score lead the way in stopping the meanness and the madness that’s about to begin.
4. Everyone must stop saying they are “stunned” and “shocked”. What you mean to say is that you were in a bubble and weren’t paying attention to your fellow Americans and their despair. YEARS of being neglected by both parties, the anger and the need for revenge against the system only grew. Along came a TV star they liked whose plan was to destroy both parties and tell them all “You’re fired!” Trump’s victory is no surprise. He was never a joke. Treating him as one only strengthened him. He is both a creature and a creation of the media and the media will never own that.
5. You must say this sentence to everyone you meet today: “HILLARY CLINTON WON THE POPULAR VOTE!” The MAJORITY of our fellow Americans preferred Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump. Period. Fact. If you woke up this morning thinking you live in an effed-up country, you don’t. The majority of your fellow Americans wanted Hillary, not Trump. The only reason he’s president is because of an arcane, insane 18th-century idea called the Electoral College. Until we change that, we’ll continue to have presidents we didn’t elect and didn’t want. You live in a country where a majority of its citizens have said they believe there’s climate change, they believe women should be paid the same as men, they want a debt-free college education, they don’t want us invading countries, they want a raise in the minimum wage and they want a single-payer true universal health care system. None of that has changed. We live in a country where the majority agree with the “liberal” position. We just lack the liberal leadership to make that happen (see: #1 above). Let’s try to get this all done by noon today.Wrong Michael, Trum hasnt been given Michigan yet. As soon as Michigan is given to Trump becasue they will. He has over 150,000 more votes in Michigan than Hillary does he wil have 306 electoral votes and also have won the popular vote. End of story
We have to give him credit, he’s right on a couple of points: urban voters finally woke up to the fact that the Democratic Party failed them and made their voice known. The media had Trump, and most importantly his supporters pegged all wrong. Lastly, that liberals live in their own little bubble believing everyone thinks like they do. They all woke up to a harsh reality on Wednesday.