Student Carrying Trump Flag ATTACKED by Kids Staging Gun Control Walkout


Trump flag

A group of students who walked out of class demanding an end to gun violence turned on a fellow student and assaulted him, because he was carrying a Trump flag.


The incident occurred at Southwest High School in Minneapolis, Minnesota during the National School Walkout on Wednesday.

The student was waving a Trump flag during the walkout when he was attacked by at least eight fellow students. The attackers took the flag away from him and broke the camera he was carrying. The student suffered minor injuries.

A school resource officer saw the attack and stepped in to stop it. An investigation is ongoing, and no arrests have yet been made. The school has not yet issued any disciplinary action.

Fox News has more.

take our poll - story continues below

Should Brett Kavanaugh withdraw over sexual misconduct allegations?

  • Should Brett Kavanaugh withdraw over sexual misconduct allegations?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Silence is Consent updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The attack took place while students at Southwest High School were supposed to be observing a moment of silence to commemorate the 17 students and teachers who died in the Parkland, Fla. shooting last month, WCCO reported.

 

Minneapolis Public Schools officials told Fox News in a lengthy statement that, due to state law, they are “prohibited from sharing details of the brief fight that occurred on March 14 across the street and off school property.”

Last week, MPS Superintendent Ed Graff sent a letter to families about creating “a space for students” during the walkout, emphasizing they should not leave school property.

Graff wrote it’s “not possible” to “ensure student safety” if students “leave school grounds,” adding the school “will not discipline students for the act of protesting as long as the protest remains peaceful.”

Because the assault took place across the street from the school and technically off campus, it remains unclear what action the school will take, if any.

“MPS does not condone fighting or disrespectful behavior,” said MPS spokesman Dirk Tedmon. “When it happens, we follow the same behavior and safety guidelines for all students involved.”

Tedmon said students have a right to express their opinions – even when not everyone agrees with it.

“MPS’s diversity is one of its greatest strengths and helps students grow into well-rounded, global citizens,” he said. “It is important to maintain a safe, positive learning environment for each Minneapolis Public Schools student in every one the district’s schools, and we are committed to doing that.”

Post your thoughts on the student attacked for carrying a Trump flag. In addition, share this on social media.

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.