TERROR IN AUSTRIA: Knife-Wielding Attacker Stabs Multiple People in Vienna – Manhunt Underway

A manhunt is underway in Vienna and residents are being told to stay indoors after a man went on a stabbing spree.

Some reports on Twitter say eyewitnesses claim the suspect yelled “Allahu Ackbar” during the attack, but this is unconfirmed by authorities and media.

The initial attack took place near Prater Park, in the Austrian capital. According to the news website heute.at, the victims are a family of three. A second knife attack nearby may be related, but police are still investigating.

Austria has taken steps to curb the influence of Muslim culture to the country, from migrants crossing over from Italy. They have a partial burqa ban, for teachers and other public officials.

An elderly couple was stabbed to death there last year, in the country’s first reported terror attack. The terrorist was a radical Muslim from Tunisia. In January of 2017, police averted a terror attack planned by a “lone wolf.”

take our poll - story continues below

Who should replace Nikki Haley as our ambassador to the U.N.?

  • Who should replace Nikki Haley as our ambassador to the U.N.?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Silence is Consent updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Trending: CNN Network HLN Fires Anti-Trump Female Anchors As Ratings Plummet

The Daily Mail has more.

A manhunt is underway after at least three people were injured in a knife attack in Vienna, Austria.

Pedestrians were attacked at random by a man wielding a knife near the capital’s famous Prater Park at around 7.45pm local time.

Police say that the three victims hurt in the stabbing frenzy were a family, including a father, mother and a grown-up daughter.

The incident took place near the U1 Nestroyplatz station on the Praterstrasse, a busy road which runs directly from the city centre to the Praterstern transport hub.

Eight emergency service vehicles were present at the scene and the U1 subway line was temporarily halted between 8.15pm and 8.45pm, although service has now resumed.

Pictures from the scene shows a puddle of blood in the middle of the road alongside bits of rubbish. It has now been cordoned off by police as they search for clues.

Heavily armed police officers are now guarding the doors of buildings close to the scene, according to Heute.at. Locals have been advised to stay indoors.

This is a developing story.

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.